Why Change Your Name ?
There are a number of reasons for changing your name using Deed Poll. Many people change their names because, for example:
- A woman upon separation or divorce may want to revert to her maiden name
- People wanting a double-barrelled surname
- A woman wanting to keep her maiden name as her middle name whilst taking her husband’s last name
- People who dislike their name, maybe find them embarrassing
- People anglicise their name to make it easier to pronounce or who want to avoid discrimination
- People who change their religion and want their name to be more appropriate for their religion
- People wanting different and unusual or fun names
- Entertainers taking on new names, or their stage names, as their official name.